The Indigenous Values Initiative will be hosting a one day training seminar for educators on the theme of exploring the Haudenosaunee understanding of the environment. The event is open to all educators who work in K-12 settings, public parks, private parks, and more. If you work and serve in an educational capacity this event is for you. There will be a traditional Haudenosaunee lunch provided to all the seminar participants. This seminar will build on the recently developed K-12 curriculum: Exploring Haudenosaunee and scientific perspectives with guides for Middle and High School.
- Date: Saturday 3 August from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Location: Skä•noñh – Great Law of Peace Center, A Haudenosaunee Heritage Center.
- Map: 6680 Onondaga Lake Parkway, Liverpool, New York 13088.
- Lunch: A traditional Haudenosaunee lunch will be provided.
- Space is limited so register ASAP.
- This event is free and open to educators.
- There is a stipend of $50.00 for selected participants
A speakers list will follow.