Re: Deyontsigwa’ehs—The Creator’s Game, Lacrosse Weekend 1 August 2017
Thursday 28 Sept – Sunday 1 Oct 2017
- Lax All-Stars North American Invitational Box Lacrosse Tournament @ Tsh’Thon’nhes – Onondaga Nation
- Haudenosaunee Wooden Stick Festival
- Thompson Brothers Demonstrations
- International Field Scrimmage at SU Carrier Dome : SU – Iroquois Nationals – team Israel
We live in the heartland of Dehontsigwa’ehs (lacrosse)—homeland to the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois), where the game was played over 1,000 years ago at Onondaga Lake. Since time immemorial, the Haudenosaunee wooden stick game, has been an integral part of peacemaking by fostering the proper, reciprocal relationships with each other and the natural world. CNY has benefitted from this rich legacy, and as a result, this area has become the hotbed for lacrosse. This year, the Indigenous Values Initiative is coordinating a momentous event which will bring together Thompson Brothers Lacrosse; The Lax All-Stars North American Invitational Box Lacrosse Tournament (LASNAI); The Haudenosaunee Wooden Stick Festival (the educational component that will provide educational speakers and demonstrations in areas of: Lacrosse; Native Foods: Arts; Traditional Dance; and etc.). “The Spirit Game, Pride of a Nation,” will be shown, free and open to the public. Sunday culminates with Syracuse University and Coach John Desko hosting International Field Lacrosse Scrimmages in the Carrier Dome between SU, The Iroquois Nationals, and Team Israel.
It is difficult to predict but between all these events we expect at least 3 to 4 thousand people. We invite you to be part of this exciting venture. The Indigenous Values Initiative, Inc. is the 501c3, non-profit educational corporation dedicated to promoting the enduring values of the Haudenosauneee, which includes lacrosse. We are organizing and coordinating these events in partnership with the Onondaga Nation and Syracuse University. Your support is tax-deductible. Find our sponsor packages on the back side of this letter and submit payment to PayPal (https://indigenousvalues.org/sponsor-packages/). Let’s bring everyone here to learn about the Haudenosaunee origins of the game that is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing sports in the world. We need your help to make this event a success, so it can become a yearly tradition. This united effort will benefit each who lives in this region. With proper values and respect, let’s come together and teach the world the real spirit of this game.
Indigenous Values Initiative | President
Skä·noñh—Great Law of Peace Center | Founding Director
6680 Onondaga Lake Parkway, Liverpool NY 13088
Deyhontsigwa’ehs—The Creator’s Game, Lacrosse Weekend
LASNAI Box Tournament &
Haudenosaunee Wooden Stick Festival
at Tsha’Thoñ’nhes (Where They Play Ball)
the Onondaga Nation “Fieldhouse” & Ball Fields
28-30 September 2017
International Field Scrimmage hosted by
SU Lacrosse in the Carrier Dome
1 October 2017
Contact: Phil Arnold, c. 315-885-7503; e. ; w. Lacrosse Weekend
For the LASNAI box tournament:
- $1000 for two (2) ads on dasher boards for the LASNAI tournament
- $1000 to set up a 10×10 space inside the arena
- $5000 to be a named “presenting” sponsor – includes vendor space and two ads, logo/website on all event materials
- $10,000 to be named title sponsor LASNAI brought to you by COMPANY NAME – included all $5000 level benefits as well as 10 VIP Passes.
For Wooden Stick Festival:
- $1000 for two ads on dasher boards
- $150 to set up a 10×10 space outside the arena
- $300 (20X10 table);
- Food $300
- $5000 to be a named “presenting” sponsor – includes vendor space and two dasher ads, logo/website on all event materials
- $10,000 to be named title sponsor for Wooden Stick Festival brought to you by COMPANY NAME – included all $5000 level benefits as well as 10 VIP Passes
For entire event:
- Contact Phil Arnold ()
- Sponsor of both Wooden Stick and LASNAI, 2 side by side prime location vendor spots inside or outside (sponsors choice) the arena, all of the title sponsor, presenting sponsor and other sponsor levels included. 25 VIP Passes.
- Product logos will also be displayed on the electronic board during the international scrimmage in the Carrier Dome on Sunday 1 October.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please fill out the following application and complete your payment below. After completing this form a contract will be emailed to you.
Sponsorship Application Payment